Picture the Recovery is a year-long across the country effort to raise money and awareness for the members of the hospitality industries that have been hardest hit by the pandemic and it "stars" your destination because another reason for the trip is to promote safe, fun travel to places as wonderful as yours.
The photographers of “Picture the Recovery,” some of the
in the country, are traveling the country in a luxury 35’ motor-home, visiting destinations like yours and then using our talents and our drones, iPhones, cameras and underwater gear, to capture stunning images of your destination, and doing it for free compliments of our great sponsors. You can use our images royalty-free to promote your destination at no charge for a year.
A sample itinerary of our free activation looks like this:
Day 1 Arrival and possibly sunset photography
Day 2 Photography
Day 3 Press conference and departure
We can add additional photography days to the free activation for a fee.
Take a look how how Monterey California used Picture the Recovery by visiting our In The News page.
The benefits of hosting
Picture the Recovery are significant and many:
- Clearly demonstrates to your stakeholders and your community that you are engaging in creative ways to showcase your destination.
- Showcases your destination to the members of MPI directly and to the entire industry.
- Usage of all the digital assets.
- Shows your support of our mission - Tourism recovery and financial assistance to members of the industry.
- We get media attention.
- Opportunity to create community engagement activities with the photographers such as seminars, receptions, meet & greets, etc.
What do we need from you?
- An invitation to visit. Simply, we want you to want us to come and we want you to want to be a part of the effort.
- Creation of a media event, including invitations to locals VIPs and dignitaries, where we can talk about the plight of our industry and its members, solicit donations and show our work which we sell to both support our journey and to provide donations to both local and national groups helping those hardest hit by the pandemic.
- Create an additional the activation’s climax event where the images will be revealed. This is an opportunity for us to reveal, display and sell our work especially the images we photographed of your destination. Think of this as a "pop-up" photo exhibition/gallery opening/fun gathering with proceeds benefiting our charities
- Assistance with our photography missions. We'll need a driver/guide for the main day of photography. Point us to where you want us to go and make sure we have all necessary permissions to go there.
- Printing of 6 to 10 images (24x36") and easels to display.
- Creation of a 15x10' banner for hanging on the motorhome.
- Place to park our 35' bus.
- Hotel and meal arrangements.